Saturday, March 7, 2009

Thor the Wondrous Buckling & a Saturday Farm Update

We've gone back and forth about whether or not to keep Thor.

He is an amazing buckling. He's frisky and feisty. He is larger than his sister and his older 1/2 siblings who were born a week before him.

He's also related to 1/2 the herd so it wouldn't be very wise to keep him, yet somehow I haven't talked myself in to selling him.

Here are a couple of pictures of him from today. I had to use my cellphone because my camera battery died.

Please read on after the picture interlude for more farm updates.

Here is Thor standing on one of our last 2 pregnant mamas. She looks resigned to it doesn't she??




Here is Thor showing his nifty horn buds. Little does he know that come fall they will be a distant memory.




We had twin bucklings this week. A cute little red one and a cute little brown one. Their mama is one of our older does so these may be her last babies. She has a huge udder and looks like she will be a gallon+ milker wooohooo.
I'll publish pictures of the new babies soon. I know I am terrible mentioning these cute little kids that were just born and then not adding pics!!
Today was a work day on the farm. Oh wait, aren't all days work days on farms?
We cleaned out an unused area of the old print shop and are busy converting it to a kitchen area for the dairy. I'm excited to be doing this because it feels like we're finally *in* business. If that makes sense?
We're putting up drywall and then painting the room with an aqua glaze. I swiped the color from the movie Mamma Mia! I know it's shameless, but what can I say ;)
We're staining the cement floors so they look like stone, adding a new door and window, some fun lighting, a stainless table and sink, a sterilizing dishwasher, hot water heater, fridge....and voila after all that we are ready to take on the world.
Meanwhile in the pastured pig world, we have 4 pigs spoken for so run don't walk to your nearest phone and call to reserve yours before they are gone!

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment